What payment options do you accept?
Our payment system works through the Stripe payment gateway, so we accept what they accept. At the time of writing, this includes all major credit and debit cards, but we ask that you don’t use a non-European card or American Express as the processing fees are significantly higher.
How secure are the transactions?
Your connection to the server hosting tickets.brightongmc.org uses a secured “SSL” connection – you should see a padlock icon next to the address in the URL bar to prove this. When you enter your card details they are securely sent to Stripe’s servers. No financial information is stored on our server, only a confirmation that you have paid. If you choose to save your card for future use your card details are not stored on our server, only a “token” that Stripe will use to connect you to your details.
What happened to PayPal?
We have taken the decision to not use PayPal any more as Stripe saves us a little money on the fees charged. So, sorry, that does mean that you can’t pay with your PayPal account.
Is that Apple Pay I see?
Yes, one of the benefits of our using Stripe is that, on your iPhone, iPad or Mac, using the Safari web browser, you now have the option to check out using Apple Pay.
Can I cancel my tickets and get a refund?
We are very sorry, but all sales are final and not refundable (with one exception, see Accessibility below). Of course, if we should ever have cause to cancel the concert, we will contact you to offer you a refund.
Where are my tickets? I only received an email.
When you finalised the payment you will have been sent a confirmation email. On this email is a link back to this site where you can view and print out your tickets. Each ticket price level will have its own link. You must print out the tickets and present them at the door of the venue to gain admission.
I haven’t received my email.
Sometimes the confirmation emails may get blocked by your email provider’s anti-spam filters. If you haven’t received a confirmation email, please add email@example.com to your anti-spam “whitelist” or “permitted senders” list, and then drop us an email at that same address with details of your order and when it was placed. Please make sure you give use the same email address you used when you placed the order. We will then resend the confirmation email.
What if I forget to print out or bring my tickets with me?
We are sorry, but if you do not print out the tickets and bring them with you then we have no proof that you have purchased tickets, and so therefore no admission will be allowed.
Who qualifies for a Concessionary ticket?
The Concession ticket price is a reduced-price ticket for those who are on a reduced income. Those who qualify to purchase this ticket includes those who are:
- Receiving Unemployment Benefit
- Receiving Incapacity Benefit
- Receiving Disabled Living Allowance
- Students 18+ in Full-time Education
- Children under the age of 18
- Of Pensionable Age
Please note that we operate an honour system when you purchase Concession tickets. Please do not abuse our trust. We hold the right to check on your eligibility and may ask to see proof on the door. Entry may be refused should such proof not be provided.
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus endeavours to ensure that all of our concerts are held in wheelchair-accessible venues. However, due to the nature of the venues which are available to us in Brighton and Hove, we cannot always guarantee this. If the venue is not wheelchair accessible, we will offer a full refund for any tickets purchased for both the wheelchair user and their party. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about accessibility.
Help! Something’s gone wrong
If you have received an error, here’s what to do, depending on where the error occurred:
- If the error was before you attempted to pay, then please quit your browser and try again. If the error still occurs then please, if you can, take a screen-grab of the error, or write it down, and let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- If the error occurred after you had completed the payment transaction, then firstly please check your credit/debit card account to see if the payment has gone through. The transaction will appear on your account as BRIGHTONGMC. If the transaction does not appear then you may need to wait a little while before checking with your credit/debit card provider. If the transaction does appear, and you have not received your confirmation email from us, then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.